What is Hatha Yoga?
Hatha Yoga (known as Yoga) is a collection of physical exercises called asanas (postures). These postures are designed to strengthen and align your muscles, organs and spine. They also focus on your breath, which helps you to disengage from the stresses of the outside world.
The increased strength, flexibility and concentration gained through asana practice lead to a better body and a sound mind.
- Multiple DatesWed, Apr 05ZoomConnect with the collective energy in a guided session and deepen your own meditation.
- Thu, Apr 06Himalayan Yoga & Meditation CenterRelaxation & Sound Journey Experience Sound is so profoundly therapeutic! The tones resonate on a cellular level.
- Sat, Apr 15HYMCThis workshop will focus on the use of self-applied manual techniques to facilitate easing barriers of restriction in āsana practice. Dr. Buegel MD
- Sat, May 20Palatinewith Dr. Buegel
- Tue, May 23PalatineHave you been interested in Reflexology but it seems too daunting? Maybe you have taken a workshop and left confused? Join Natalie in this 8 hour CE where I simplify the concepts so you can leave understanding how to utilize this practice in your next session.
- Wed, May 24PalatineAre you a massage therapist who wants to achieve better outcomes while using less effort? Then Gua Sha Assisted Massage is for you.
- Sun, Jun 04Palatine
- Sat, Jun 17PalatineThis workshop is meant for those practitioners with significant experience in pranayama practice.
- Thu, Jun 22PalatineGain confidence in leading guided meditation, assisting students progression, understanding the stages of meditation and much more!
- Mon, Aug 07PalatineJoin Anil Saigal and fellow aspirants in a discussion of the leading scriptures of yoga philosophy and spirituality. Each session ends with a brief guided meditation.
Individual, Semi Private Sessions, Group Classes, Introductory Classes
Personalized instruction allow one of our experienced yoga teachers to work with the student to identify the specific asanas (postures) which are appropriate and suitable to the individual needs.
Call Us: (847) 221-5250 | Email: email@example.com
Open events that give people an opportunity to come together and celebrate the Spirit of Life.
Yoga for Cancer Survivors*
Hatha Yoga class on each Thursday @ 11:00-12:15 PM
Come and unwind with Jenny for complimentary yoga classes for cancer survivors. This gentle class will increase lymphatic movement, help move toxins from organs, move fluids through joints, and aid in calming the nervous system.
Due to limited space, services are available to those who are within two years of their cancer treatment. To qualify for the yoga classes the participants need to provide a signed statement (Medical Clearance Form) from their supervising physician regarding their ability to participate in gentle yoga along with any restrictions they need to observe. The center provides the HYMC Medical Clearance form which the participants can use.
Come and be part of this special class that celebrates our new teachers.
Full Moon Global Meditation
Meditate with Swami Ritavan and others around the globe, all sitting at the same time. Begins promptly at 9:00 pm. Please arrive early to get comfortably seated. Join HERE
Monthly Study Group
Join Anil Saigal and fellow aspirants in a discussion of the leading scriptures of yoga philosophy and spirituality. Each session ends with a brief guided meditation. The group is currently studying the classical text on yoga philosophy: “Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras”.
Introduction to Tai Chi
Join Lon Johnson and learn the art of Tai Chi. Tai Chi is an ancient are of gentle meditative movements which aid in attaining a relaxed body and still mind.
These are free programs but a donation is always appreciated in support of HYMC as a non-profit organization.
Use with all Weekly Classes
1 year expiration on Packages
4:00-5:15pm Gentle (Jenny) Zoom
5:30-6:45pm Level 1-2 (Charlotte) Studio + Zoom
7:00-8:00pm Tai Chi & Chi Kung (Lon) Studio
11:00-12:15pm Level 1-2 (Alexis) Studio only
5:00-6:15pm Level 1-2 (Nancy) Zoom Only
10:30-11:45am Hatha Yoga (Chenoa) Studio Only
5:30-6:45pm Level 1-2 (Joanna) Studio + Zoom
7:00-8:15pm Vinyasa Flow (Joanna) Studio + Zoom
11:00-12:15pm Cancer Survivors (Jenny) Zoom Only
7:30-8:45pm Level 1-2 (Nancy) Zoom Only
12:00-1:15pm Himalayan Style (Pat) Studio + Zoom
9:00-10:30am Himalayan Style (Pavel) Studio + Zoom
Class Punch Passes
Punch Passes may be used for any Hatha Yoga or Weekly classes and may be shared within your household family.
10, 12, 15-class and 20-class Punch Passes expire after 1 Year.
Class Punch Passes are non-refundable.
Military/Veteran: We recognize and honor the sacrifice that the members of our armed forces make to insure our security and freedom.
Military and Veteran discounted punch passes are for use by military members, veterans and their spouses only.
Student/Senior: Student must be enrolled in elementary - college. Senior is 62+ years young.
Family members using a "Student & Senior" pass must qualify for that pass or pay the difference.
Please present valid service identification or other form of identification to the teacher at the time of punch pass pickup, and to the class teacher if requested. All the rules for punch pass usage and punch pass expiration still apply.
* Cancer Survivors class participants must provide HYMC physician’s Medical Clearance Form prior to participation in first class. Classes are complimentary for those within 2 years of treatment.
Hatha Yoga Descriptions:
Levels 1-2: This class is for all levels of experience and ability. It is a gentle, systematic introduction to basic postures, relaxation and breathing. Designed for the student who would like to reduce stress, improve flexibility, strength, and overall health.
Himalayan Style: This class follows a specific sequence as taught by Swami Rama of the Himalayas. It incorporates breathing techniques and ends with a brief meditation. Class is without music.
Himalayan Intermediate: This class builds strength internally as well as externally. Cultivates concentration, endurance and explores asanas with advanced variations for experienced students.
Vinyasa Flow: Build strength and flexibility at a bit faster pace. Link breath and movement in this multi-level, flowing yoga practice.
Gentle: A Therapeutic class, this class is for the student new to yoga or in need of a gentler class due to age, illness or injury.
Restorative: This gentle, therapeutic yoga uses props to support the body to deepen the benefits of the poses. A soothing and nurturing practice promoting conscious relaxation.
Cancer Survivors: This gentle class will increase lymphatic movement, help move toxins from organs, move fluids through joints and aid in calming the nervous system
Tai Chi: An ancient art of gentle meditative movements which aid in attaining a relaxed body and still mind.